ANTHONY GOMES EPK
"Gomes is a power player who is at his best when his gear is in the scorched earth between blues and rock. After all, it’s the electric guitar; sometimes tickling it is not enough."
With a guitar slung over his shoulder and the amps turned up full tilt, Anthony Gomes electrifies blues and rock at a 21st century crossroads of his own. The Canadian vocalist, guitarist, songwriter and producer wails with all the force of a hurricane in the Mississippi Delta and enough fret-burning fireworks to leave his strings in flames. Over the years, he’s toppled the Billboard Blues Chart at #1, earned the endorsement of legends such as B.B. King, tallied tens of millions of streams, and packed shows on multiple continents. In 2022, he makes his Rat Pak Records debut with High Voltage Blues, amplifying his soul and spirit like never before.
12 million streams
3 million views
• High Voltage Blues (2022) debuts at #1 on the Billboard Blues Chart. This is Anthony's 8th consecutive album to crack the Billboard Top Ten and his third #1.
• High Voltage Blues has been on Top 15 Billboard Blues Chart for a staggering 23 consecutive weeks (5 months).
• High Voltage Blues hits #1 on iTunes Blues Chart and Amazon's New Release Blues Chart.
• Blues Rock Review and Rock & Blues Muse Magazines select High Voltage Blues as a Top Album of the Year.
• Back to back #1 Albums on Billboard Blues Chart.
• Featured in Guitar World Magazine's '30 Best Blues Guitarists In The World Today' poll.
• Gomes’ song “Love Sweet Love” hits 6 million plays on Spotify.
• Performed and demoed the first 3D Printed electric guitar for the BASF company (2018).
• Gomes has performed in 17 countries and has opened/shared the stage with B.B. King, Robert Plant, Buddy Guy, Deep Purple, Heart, Styx, Doobie Brothers, Blue Oyster Cult, Ace FrehleyJoe Bonamassa, Heart, Jonny Lang, Sammy Hagar, 38 Special, Robert Cray, Kenny Wayne Shepherd, Gretchen Wilson, The Yardbirds, Jeff Healey, Chris Isaak,The Ides of March, Jewel, Winery Dogs, Big & Rich and Lynch Mob.
• Eric Clapton, Morgan Freeman, John Goodman, Toby Keith, Jonny Lang, Ron White, Tim Robbins, Travis Tritt and Vince Vaughn have attended Gomes’ concerts.
“Hendrix on crank guitar phrasing... all the soul of Otis Redding and the swagger of Steven Tyler. Anthony joyfully blends the distinction between blues and rock.”
- Blues Rock Review
“Gomes’ authentic voice and the formidable guitar chops place him in the forefront of modern blues.”
- Blues Music Magazine
“A very talented guitarist... and where did that voice come from?”
- B.B. King
“Equal parts down home blues and hard rock...
Gomes' feisty recipe of catchy tunes, smokin' licks has gained him a loyal following.
- Vintage Guitar Magazine